May 03, 2003
spanish proyecto ("project") = making progress (2.5 pages...that's half!)
kaffir boy = bout 100 more pages to go...(getting ready to work on that in a sec)
today, i've gotta get on the ball again with my spanish paper. i figure i'll probably (hopefully) be able to finish it today. and i've gotta finish reading kaffir boy for world civ, which is also on the docket for hoy ("today"...every now and then i'll throw in a spanish word in my blogs so all of my blog fans will soon be bilingual. what a great scheme.) this afternoon, i have a date with the girls to see the lizzie mcguire movie in greenwood. oh, i can't wait. then, it's back here to do some more work.
well, kids, that's about all i got for now. i'll hit you up later.
May 01, 2003
not much to speak of. i've been doing a lot of work today. making a lot of good progress on my spanish project. i'm right on schedule. and i finished my work for tomorrow, so that pressure's off. tomorrow is friday, which is nice.
- skirt weather
- biscuits and gravy for breakfast
- entertaining spanish 222 class
- coffee and chocolate chip cookies baked by the french professor
- my break between spanish and fiction writing workshop and listening to built to spill in watkins during that break
- talking about going to spain next spring
- finding out i'm actually getting an award this year
- learning new songs on the guitar
- steph killing an annoying flying bug in her book
- color-coded notecards for my spanish research
- passing the last constellation quiz
- talking to amy "two streets" liss about camp...counting down the days till i get to see the girls again!
- clean laundry
- date to see the lizzie mcguire movie with the afore-mentioned bug killer extraordinaire
- music (rosebud, hey mercedes, coldplay)
- not turning on the tv once so i could get some real work done
bug-killing tally: 5 (4 small ones and 1 big, juicy one)
April 30, 2003
just thought i'd share...
(done) finish revising spanish civ paper and print
(done) finish spanish civ questions and email
(pretty much done...cept for one source) finish spanish civ research
- fww journal
(done) spanish journal entries
(done...i passed!) constellation quiz
- book for world civ
working to: hey mercedes - every night fireworks
ready, set, go.
April 28, 2003
you were right when you said all that glitters isn't gold
you were right when you said all we are is dust in the wind
you were right when you said we're all just bricks in the wall
and when you said manic depression's a frustrated mess
you were wrong when you said everything's gonna be alright...
you were right when you said you cant always get what you want
you were right when you said it's a hard rain's gonna fall
you were right when you said were still running against the wind
life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone
you were right when you said this is the end
Do you ever think about it?
- bulit to spill "you were right"
"less talk, more dancing." - cursive
April 27, 2003
i ended up staying with the luke and his parents last night. they had a hotel for the night and got an extra cot. so, i didn't have to drive back at 1am. it was a good trip. i've never driven to atlanta by myself. so, that was fun times. road trip on my own. i listened to a lot of good music, starting with third day and ending with the beatles.
i think i'm going to do some work and then head to bed.